The Little Green Frog

Ramblings of my motherhood experience with knitting and other projects thrown in.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

RIP

first forgive me if there are grammatical errors in this post.

since getting the Lucy and Nugget,the pullets, my dog has been wound up. I have only been letting her out back when there is someone out there with her. Even when we are out there, Sage would walk around the chicken run, or lay there next to the fence, just watching the birds. I knew she was trying to check them out. She hadn't eaten her food since we brought them home.

fast forward to tonight. one of the kids or maybe my dad, who knows, left the back door open. I went out to lock up my car, and when I came back in, I noticed the dog wasn't in and the back door was open. I get to the door and Sage is coming out of the coop and I notice that one of pullets is on the floor. She jumped the fence (about 3 ft). I'm in shock, disbelief, angry.

I yelled "what are you doing?!!!!!?" She knew she was in trouble, her tail instintly went inbetween her legs. I mean if she can do that to a chicken, who says she won't turn on one of the kids if they start running.

err...must put kids tobed. will be back to finish probably tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A lot of dogs go for chickens - there's something about them that sets them off.

    But I've never heard of any that also attacked children. It's just chickens...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home