The Little Green Frog

Ramblings of my motherhood experience with knitting and other projects thrown in.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

chickens....

I got a call from our landlord today about some reciepts, in talking to him, I told him about the garden we planted. He said, wow, you do have a lot! and said all you need now is a goat to get milk from. I said, naw, I was thinking chickens for eggs and compost. He said SURE! I was are you serious, he said YES, He thought it was a cool idea!!!!

Oh my landlord is turning out cooler than I thought!


In other news, we have corn, snow peas, tomatoes, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, cantalope, watermelon, pumpkin, onions, potatoes, strawberries, and baby lettuce planted. we also have rosemary, cilantro, parsley, oregano, and garlic planted in the front of the house, in a planter under the kitchen window that wasn't being used when we moved in.

I think we'll need to plant more letuce and maybe a couple more tomato plants. We love our salads!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Allison said…

    Oh you are so lucky! I want chickens so bad. I should ask our landlord but I know what they will say. You must let us come visit and see the chickens. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home