The Little Green Frog

Ramblings of my motherhood experience with knitting and other projects thrown in.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Food for thought

So we are trying to get the garden dug up and ready to plant. I know, we are having a late start with it, but better late then never. The original location was taken over from the swimming pool given to us, so, without blocking the view from the master bedroom, we are doing a long row, maybe two, against the north fence.

I know that we will have tomatoes, strawberries, pole beans, cucumbers, potatoes, and onions. All but the potatoes and onions, I'm going to go vertical with them to save space.

In my researching on the internet about gardens, I came across this site and it talks about the Mittleider method of gardening. I won't be able to use it this year as I will only have one bed of veggies, but next year, I hope to encorporate it in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home