The Little Green Frog

Ramblings of my motherhood experience with knitting and other projects thrown in.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

groceries

so with the rising cost of food, E and I started a meal plan when we moved in. We initially budgeted $100 per week for food. We thought we were doing great if the bill was less then $200 for 2 weeks.

When my parents moved it, it was discussed that E and I would do the shopping, having meals planned already to go.

The first time we went shopping, the bill came to $250. For a family of 5 adults and 2 growing kids, it didn't seem too bad. We ended up saving money since we split it in half. (minus what e takes for lunches and his soda pop). That's $62.50, a savings of almost $40!! Two weeks ago, the bill was only $225! That's $56 a week!

I wonder if I started clipping coupons if I could save more.

I'll try and post meal ideas next time, C want's to play video games.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home