The Little Green Frog

Ramblings of my motherhood experience with knitting and other projects thrown in.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Our First Egg

We got the girls two months ago and it's been a waiting game ever since.
Yesterday what we suspect to be the oldest, Buckbeak, was walking the fence line, like she didn't know what to do or where to go. I let the girls out and they all were fine. After a while, they all went back into the coop, so I shut the door on them. (When the girls are out of the coop, the dog has to be on a leash. So trying to get anything done with a dog tied to you is nearly impossible, especially with the two kids running around you also.

So back to Bucky, she started pacing again. I went into the coop to try and calm her down, and when I would reach down to pet her, she would stamp her feet and then crouch really low. I just knew her time was approaching.

I opened up the nesting box. I took the divider out cause she looked soo cramped in the space. She would walk in and out of it. Not quite sure of it. I did prop the door open a bit, she seemed more comfy with a little bit of light.

All day nothing. This morning when I let them out of the house, I opened the nest box back up. And sure enough, Buckbeak was back in there. She was in there for most of the morning. When I just went out to check on here. I opened up the hatch, and laying on her left foot, was an egg. Light brown, long, cylindrical, not so rounded egg.

C-man is all egg-cited. If he hadn't already just eaten, he would have had the egg for breakfast he says. So maybe lunch. A scrambled egg sandwich? A "sloppy" egg with toast? He still has a while before he has to decide.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home