The Little Green Frog

Ramblings of my motherhood experience with knitting and other projects thrown in.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

sewing Anna

while I loved how easy it was to sew Anna, well except, you really need to make sure when putting the shoulder straps on the second side, to make sure that the fronts are together and the backs are together. I had the misfortune of putting the straps on backwards on the second side, and well it wasn't fun having to rip it out.

Also I made the 98/104 size and it came out too big for my skinny minny. I should have known. I did add SA, so maybe next time I won't. Or I just might make the smaller size.

The front fabric was in a ffs box from a SM mama, Mad picked it out and just had to have the big flowers at the bottom. The back fabric I've had since before Mad was born. I used it to make a fitted crib sheet. That she never slept on. The crib was used to hold the wild cloth diapers. They liked to be into everything.

I'm not sure why her hand had to be on her head. She thought she was posing? Her shirt...it says "little miss trouble" and it ohhh soooo fits!
So I have a couple of snack sacks for the kids, but they are too big. especially for quick outings where they don't need a big snack. So today, I got a wild hair, and made my own. I'll let you know how it works. It's made from an old flannel receiving blanket, so probably not the best to test. Mostly wanting to make sure size is right. It is lined again with the flannel. The wrist holder has a snap so that it can also wrap around a stroller, or onto a bar, or on the strap of a carrier, on the car seat, possibilities are endless.

If the size works out, I'll post a tut for it.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Wow, that was fast!! Great job! yeah, the Anna can be a bit long, but it does make it last forever!

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger FannyHams said…

    CUTE dress!
    omg those sacks are awesome!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home