The Little Green Frog

Ramblings of my motherhood experience with knitting and other projects thrown in.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Farbenmix Olivia turns into a waterproof fleece hoodie

So as the weather is changing here in good ol' Portland, I realized that Mad hardly has any long sleeves.Especially ones that she can wear over a shirt out in the rain.

I was going through my patterns and knew that Olivia works well for a shirt/hoodie with just a knit fabric. (see previous post of Carson wearing his knotted hooded shirt)

I figured why not make one for Mad. I did cut the hat down a bit (about 2" off the top) and rounded the back of the hood, taking off the knots. I also used a long sleeve that I knew I liked the length of. So off I went and took the Olivia pattern 98/104 and chopped the "skirt" portion off and instead of curving the sides, I straightened them out. I also had to cut the neckline larger to fit her head. (did this before sewing on the hood, good thing I checked, I would have hated to have to rip the hood off!)


If I were to do it again, I would make it a size bigger, as the fabric stretches, but not too much and it's kind of tight on her.

Pics to come, need to charge the camera.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home