The Little Green Frog

Ramblings of my motherhood experience with knitting and other projects thrown in.

Monday, March 06, 2006

In the beginning....

Carson was born 10/01 and I have been loving motherhood since. Okay so it has it's ups and downs but hey that's life ay. I worked when Carson was younger but always said that when I have another that I would stay at home with them. Well in Sept 04 I found out I was pregnant. On Dec. 31 04, my boss laid me off because of lack of work. Very long story there. So I was without a job or health insurance and prego. I wasn't able to find a job before Madison was born but that's okay. I got to spend lots of time with Carson before Madison join us in 06/05.
So where does this knitting and crafty stuff come in you ask. Welll...right before Carson was born, I was into scrapbooking. I have all the stuff. But then we got a digital and well now I scrapbook on the computer and all the neato stuff is collecting dust. Though I do bring it out to make cards and will make little scrap books for friends. Then I started sewing. I started sewing little bags for Carson to hold things in. He's always carrying a bag to hold his toys. Since I had time, I sewed Madison's bedding. (not that she uses her crib or even sleeps in her room.)
I started knitting for Christmas 04. I knitted all the ladies on Eric's side scarves. Each one was a different yarn type. Eric and I decided that we would cloth diaper Madison since I would be home. I started knitting her diaper covers after all the scarves. I have since branched out a little with fingerless gloves, a sweater, booties, leggings, hats, hmmm what else....I have pictures that I need to upload but they aren't on this computer so I'll do that later.
So here I am now. I'm knitting Cigar out of a camo/woodland colorway of bbr from Wooly Wonders By Nada. These will be for Eric for hunting. He actually wants 2 pairs, the other for work. Then my brother saw the pattern and now he wants a pair, but in pink. hmmmm I won't want to do any more mittens/gloves/fingerless anything for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home